Sunday, April 3, 2011

How to lose 10 pounds without dieting....

I "luv" this picture of my parents, who would guess my Dad is 86 and my Mom is 81???  Don't they look wonderful for their age!  I am so.............glad the month of March is behind us!  Early in March, I called my Daddy to chat.  We had a great time talking and all was well with the world.  Boy, would everything change, by the very next day.  In the morning, I stopped by to share Votre Vu with one of my clients.  We had  a wonderful meeting and I could not wait to drop off more VU flyers to their office the next day.  Votre Vu is hiring.....something not too many businesses are doing these days!

I had a few more stops to make and then headed home with dinner. When I got home, everything changed.  My Mom called and told me my Dad was in the emergency room.  Roger and I were in the middle of eating dinner, so we dropped everything and rushed to the hospital.  I could not believe how sick my Dad was.  He had a horrible time breathing and thought it was 1959.  He could not answer the simple questions they asked him.  It was so...........scary to see my Dad fine one day and in this condition the very next day.  My Daddy-Boy, as I've called him since I was 2, was admitted to the stroke/heart unit of the hospital late in the evening.

All my family gathered in the hospital to be with Dad......we were so.........concerned for our father.  My Mom and I spent the night with him and thank goodness, we did.  About 2:30 in the morning he had a terrible spell.  The nurses called for the critical care nurse and doctor.  My prayers went into overdrive at that time and thank the Lord, they were able to stabilize my Dad after running some procedures on him.

They found out my Dad had the flu and it was shutting down his entire system, something my Dad's doctor later told him only happens about 1% of the time.  My Mom slept through most of this, thank goodness, as she was getting sicker by the minute.  By morning Mom was in the emergency room herself.  It turns out, she had the same flu, just not as bad as my Dad.  My sister and I picked up meds for her and took her home, while my Dad was going through extensive testing during the day. 

I ended up spending 3 days and 2 nights with my Dad in the hospital, while my sister took care of my Mom.  My Dad had just about every test you could think of run on him during this time.  He passed them all and was able to come home on Friday, with the help of home nursing care for a few weeks.  What a thrill it was for us to see someone so.............sick, start to finally bounce back. 

The next day, I started feeling sick..........and by Saturday/Sunday I started running fevers of almost 103.  Normally I run very low temps and rarely ever run a fever, but this flu took everything out of me.  I went through a course of antibiotics, which didn't seem to help at all.  By the following weekend, it was my turn to spend time in the emergency room, seems my flu had the nerve to go into pneumonia.  So before I left they gave me 2 breathing treatments and sent me home with really strong antibiotics.  When I got home, I continued with the breathing treatments and meds and weeks later I finally started feeling a little better.

Unfortunately, I was not able to attend the Philly International Flower Show, Springtime in Paris!  I was so..........looking forward to sharing my "luv" of Votre Vu and growing my team in Philly.  But, as they say, life happens.  I'm just so thrilled that the Lord blessed all of us, and we are all on the mend.

One great side affect of the flu............I was down 14 pounds since January!!!

I thought you would enjoy seeing this picture of Mynx, my exotic Persian kitty.  He's just the most adorable cat and goes to sleep on command in my hands.  I am going to try and post a video of him.  It's amazing....Anyways, I've been organizing my office and I found him in one of the storage boxes.  What a doll!!  


And.............check out this darling picture of CoCo and Davidson.  I know it's way...............past Christmas, but I had to share this picture with you.  Don't they look like stuffed dolls, too????

My thought for today:  the Lord is very faithful.....he gives us EVERYTHING we need.

My "tip" for today:  When you've had a hard day, relax and take a nice bath with Votre Vu's  "On Holiday" line of spa products.  Nothing makes you feel so....................good! 

ta...ta...for now!

Kathy Renee

No comments:

Post a Comment