Wednesday, April 27, 2011

My.....how times have changed...............


Bon jour~my friends!

It's amazing to me how times have changed.  Back in the Victorian age, it became a past time to collect trading cards.  These cards first began in the 1700's when businesses used them to advertise their products.  The cards were beautiful!  This one is about 4" x 6" and was used to advertise Anchor Coffee.  You received a free card if bought their coffee!  Now-a-days....we advertise so differently!  But.....I still think it's important to make a connection with other's.


The two bird cards were used by the Woolson Spice Company to send out Easter Greetings to their customers.

These "give'a'ways" remind me of when I was a little girl.  Back then, you got small gifts from the gas station, market, etc.  People seemed to take a lot of "pride" in their work and everything was much more personal than it is "these days".  I miss that!


I "luv" these vintage treasures so I decided to share them with you today.  I hope you enjoy seeing a "taste of yesterday" every once in a while~as much as I do!

Some things "do change" and I made a change to my Votre Vu blog.......it's still a work in progress but let me know what you think about it so far.....


Which leads me to my ~tip for today~

Don't be afraid to embrace your past...
you just might find a hidden treasure
in your attic!

ta...ta..for now!  Kathy Renee








No comments:

Post a Comment