Sunday, February 20, 2011

It's "Beary" Beautiful in Big Bear!

Bon jour~

Wow, we woke up this morning to "loads of snow".  So I bundled up and went outside to take some pictures.

Didn't get too far before I realized I needed to get back home.  The snowplows had just come thru and the road was getting too icy to walk on.  So here are a few of the shots I took before I headed home.  As much as we love going to our favorite Church up in Big Bear, we are going to stay home today.  Chains are required on all vehicles (no exceptions)....usually we are fine in our 4-wheel drive jeep, but not today.  Since it's a holiday weekend, I'm sure there are just too many "novice snow drivers" to make me feel "safe enough" to hit the road.  Luckily the snow should be over for now~we are supposed to get a couple of sunny days in the forecast!! 
You know I "luv" to collect just about everything......look at the darling vintage ski dolls I bought for our cabin some years ago......along with bone china deers, bears, vintage post cards. etc.  Treasures from long ago, gives our cabin such a "comfy" feel to it.  I just "luv" the days of the week bear post cards.  It's really hard to find a complete set so I was really lucky when I came across these. 

The post cards are from the "Busy Bear" series published by the Ullman Manufacturing Co., New York.  These cards were postmarked on February 11, 1908, from Atlantic City, making them 103 years old.  I just "luv" the darling messages that are on each of the cards.  The card for Sunday says:  My dear little friend;~Notice what a good bear this is, he goes to church every Sunday; He never tells stories, nor is he bad on Monday, Tuesday, or any day during the week, so you must be the same.  It only cost 1 cent to mail a postcard back then.  Here is a close up of the Sunday postcard:

Which brings me to my:

 ~tip for today~

........take a moment every day to reflect on God's glory.....just peek outside and you will see the beauty He made for us to enjoy!

~verse for today~

A kindhearted woman gains respect.....Proverbs 11:16

ta....ta....

Kathy Renee Pardee

1 comment:

  1. Kathy - your blog posting today was adorable! Great job lady!

    ReplyDelete