Friday, February 18, 2011

It's cuddle time........put on your long johns!!!

Bon jour~

It's just beautiful up in Big Bear right now.....we are in the middle of a huge storm!  A perfect day for "cuddling" with someone you luv.....  I thought this would be a wonderful time to share my favorite doll with you.  My "pink" satin cuddle kewpie!  Rose O'Neill designed this darling doll in the early 1900's for little girls to cuddle with.  The dolls were manufactured by the Krueger company in New York.  If you collect vintage magazines, you may have seen these cuddle kewpies used in various advertising back in the day.

I'm amazed this doll looks so...."fabulous" for being almost 100 years old.  I guess kewpie dolls were treasured and placed in trunks to pass on to family members throughout the years.  Just like little girls treasured their dolls........

Life is precious and should be "treasured" too.... it's very fragile!

Which brings me to my...

~tip for today~

Are your fragile hands looking chapped and dry.....Nothing beats Votre Vu's "Duette".....to keep your hands and lips soft & moist in dry, cold, snowy weather! www.votrevu.com/kathyluvsparis

p.s.  Here's a picture from outside our front door.  I will post more soon!






~verse for today~

Come now, and let us reason together, said the LORD: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool. Isaiah 1:18

ta...ta... for now!

Kathy Renee Pardee

No comments:

Post a Comment