Friday, April 8, 2011

My "Luv Affair" with the color pink.....................

Bon jour ~  My "luv affair" with the color pink started at an early age..........I "luved" every shade of the color.  I remember when I was a little girl, my Mom used to wear "RED" lipstick.  The kind she used came in a small white plastic case with a little brush to apply it with........ I just "luved" that lipstick, it was "pure" bliss to me!  Isn't it funny the things we remember from our childhood! 

This vintage picture, from my collection of antique magazines, reminds me of days gone by....... and how much the ladies in the early 20's loved to pamper themselves! Even when I was a little girl, I loved to pamper myself, playing dress up, wearing plastic high heel shoes, etc.

I remember one day, my Daddy~Boy, (the name I started calling my Dad when I was 2), brought me home a special gift he made for me at work.   It was a tiny metal perfume bottle necklace, that he plated just for me.  It had a stopper that unscrewed with a little  metal dabber that I used to put the perfume on with.  Oh.....how I wish I still had that gold perfume bottle hanging from that little tiny chain.

My Dad went on to "bigger projects"~I'm talking about plating parts for the Moon missions!!  Fun to know that my Father's hands touched some of the parts that are still on the Moon today.

A little over a month ago, I decided to take some time for me........life gets so busy that we sometimes forget to do the simple things we once "luved" to do.  I took out a book I bought at a quilt shop in Big Bear and made this darling felt heart for my Valentine tree.  We leave a tree up year round in our cabin and I love to decorate it  for every holiday!
I know it's well past Valentine's Day, but I still wanted to share these pictures with you!! 

Which brings me to my....... "tip" for today..... 

life sometimes gets so.....busy we don't take care of our skin like we should.  If you want to look like the "beautiful ladies" of long ago.......try using
Votre Vu's "In the Pink" Botanical Masque Pour Le Visage.  This botanical masque draws out impurities and absorbs excess sebum which could clog pores.  Moisturizing ceramides, nourishing helianthus oil, regenerating wheat cereals and toning essential oils soften features and erase signs of fine lines.  GLOW BIG!!!!!

ta.....ta.....for now!  Kathy Renee
www.votrevu.com/kathyluvsparis

No comments:

Post a Comment