Wednesday, April 27, 2011

I'll be 57 & Fabulous in "four" days........

Bon jour~

I hope all of my blogging friends are enjoying the start of Spring.  Our bulbs are starting to bloom and the gloomy weather is gone in Orange County. 

I'm so.......excited.  My Birthday is fast approaching so now I will officially be 57 & fabulous!  My hubby has some fun plans for us up in Big Bear this weekend!  I am so.........looking forward to spending time with friends!  We are also going to be working on our "garden".  I can finally clean it up after a long........winter.  Can't wait to see the state of my garden, as we haven't been up to the cabin in a while.  I hope some of my bulbs are blooming.  They were so.......pretty last year!  My columbine were already starting to sprout the last time we were there so they are probably getting pretty big by now.


Today I wanted to share some beautiful "french inspired" toilette "pretties" with you!
One of my "all time" favorite items is an art nouveau "rouge" pot I bought a number of years ago.  It's teeny-tiny, only 1 1/2 inches long, but it is beautiful and very detailed.  Once you open it up~the pot holds the most adorable puff,  along with a mirror.  There is still a tad of the fairest pink blush in the bottom of the pot.  Wouldn't it be fun to know a little about the original owner of this "rouge" pot and what special occasions she wore it for?
I also "luv" anything to do with the roaring 20's.  These fancy "powder puff" wands adorned the vanity tables of old.  Aren't they darling?  I've always been a fan of vintage ribbon art~one of these days I'm going to make some vintage style powder puff wands!



I recently purchased some amazing vintage papier items to share with you....but I'm going to keep you guessing for the time being.  I'll give you a little hint......they are from Paris~France and date back to 1901.  You won't believe how beautiful they are.  I'll be sharing with you soon!

Which leads me to my...
~tip~ for today......

If you want to keep something a secret~ try using Votre Vu's Royal Masquerade set! 

The set includes our Royal Treatment scrub and our Cool, Calm & Collected Masque.  When you purchase the set.....you save up to $27!  I guess I shouldn't keep the "Price" a secret from anyone and neither should you!

ta....ta......Kathy Renee

No comments:

Post a Comment