Wednesday, February 16, 2011

So ugly......she's cute!

Bon jour~

Don't you just "luv" this darling Kewpie Doll?  Once upon a time, her hair was gorgeous....dress stunning and complexion like "peaches & cream", but this gal's been through a lot in 98 years........sometimes I feel a little like she does!

This adorable Kewpie doll was patented in 1913 by Rose O' Neill.  Rose was a fantastic illustrator for many magazines and books in her day.  But I "luv" her cherub looking Kewpie dolls, the best!  I love the vintage basket she is holding, too.  Nothing beats the darling crochet patterns of years ago.

My friend, Nannette, restores dolls!
Maybe she could share her secrets with me and I could bring back this Kewpie doll's beauty!
 or
I wonder if Votre Vu's Au Revoir, Trouble spot treatment might do the trick???   

My wonderful hubby brought me the most beautiful roses for Valentine's Day ......I thought you might like to take a peek.....



I spent the day "Organizing".........  Just look at these "chic" black damask zipper seal storage bags I used for my make-up!  They are made by "Two's Company"~ I bought them online.


Some of you wanted to know how Flame was doing after his surgery.  Well, he is just fine and back to his old self!  Thanks so much for asking........ which brings me to my.......


~tip for today~

When you have a bad day and you don't feel "cute".....remember it's what's inside that counts!

ta....ta......Kathy Renee Pardee

No comments:

Post a Comment