Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Where have all the flowers gone.......from my cottage garden

Bon jour~

I really miss using my backyard deck up at the cabin........ it's been in a state of disarray for what seems like ages. For some reason it would not quit snowing up in Big Bear this year. I'd try and plant some flowers only to have them die from the late frost and snow we kept getting. We finally got some nice weather and then decided to have our home re-stained along with the decks. Everything from the deck had to be removed for about a month, so..........last weekend we finally got to put everything back and I got to start working on my little English cottage garden. Our backyard is small, but I love it!!!!!


Our new DIY store in Big Bear has been having a sale on flowers so I've practically been living there lately.  You can purchase a 6 pack for only $1.09.....  I planted a lot of flowers on Friday, only to wake up Saturday morning to loads of them pulled out of the ground.  I couldn't blame the gray squirrls this year as we havn't seen any lately.  KBHR reported last weekend that they finally found out what has been killing them off this year......mange.  How sad!!!  They used to love to hand around my garden and eat my bird seed.  I kinda miss them............but not the damage they caused!!!  So I guess it must be the raccoon family that we saw last year making their rounds again.  I got everything replanted again, and thank goodness, they didn't stop by last night!!

I luv.....my tree truck fountain.....it's so cute and makes such relaxing water sounds.  I need to take a better picture of it soon......
ta...ta...for now!

Kathy Renee



No comments:

Post a Comment